[AstroNet] Astronomy Resources

Astronomy education in SA - email discussion group astronet at mail.saasta.ac.za
Wed Sep 5 03:51:35 SAST 2007

Hello astronomically interested folk
The preliminary astronomy education and outreach resource pages are live.
Go to the SA IYA website (www.astronomy2009.org.za) and navigate via the
drop down menus (Projects -> Resources)
At the moment the site contains only the TOPICS of the resources that
were sent in thus far. As it evolves full electronic versions will be
available for download. This version of the site is to give everyone an
idea as to where we are heading and the types of resources we have
collected so far. Notice the gaps when it comes to certain categories.
IMPORTANT: Please continue sending us any resources you may have that
you would like included on this common shared site.
Please send comments/suggestions - this site is still under development.
Regards
Kevin
PS. anyone have any ideas as to how we could get a stand-alone version
of Google Sky to give to schools who have bad or no connection to the
internet? (if you haven't checked it out yet, go to
http://earth.google.com/sky/skyedu.html)

--
Kevin Govender
Manager: SALT Collateral Benefits Programme
Email: kg at saao.ac.za
Skype: kevindran
Website: www.saao.ac.za / www.salt.ac.za
Postal: P.O. Box 9, Observatory, Cape Town, 7935, South Africa
Street: SAAO, Observatory Road, Observatory, Cape Town, South Africa