[AstroNet] Online Forum

Kevin Govender kg at saao.ac.za
Wed Sep 26 19:36:44 SAST 2007

Greetings to all
Next big step towards our collaborative efforts for Astronomy in South
Africa:
An online forum has been set up on the IYA website. Please visit
www.astronomy2009.org.za and select "forum" from the menu.
For now, no user registration is required because of the spirit of trust
and openness amongst the astronomy community.
However, if it becomes clear that people are abusing the forum then we
will have to modify it to allow only registered users to post messages.
See you on the forum...
Regards
Kevin

PS. the "Astronomy in Africa" efforts have been progressing steadily and
there is an email list available for those interested in the promotion
and support of astronomy around Africa. To join this list simply send an
email to africa at astronomy2009.org.za. You will see a conference on the
forum that has been set aside for "Astronomy in Africa"

--
*** If you are at all interested in Astronomy Education and Outreach, please join the AstroNet email list - details on SA International Year of Astronomy website: www.astronomy2009.org.za ***

Kevin Govender
Manager: SALT Collateral Benefits Programme
South African Astronomical Observatory
Office: +27 21 460 9350
Mobile: +27 82 487 8466
Fax: +27 21 447 3639
Email: kg at saao.ac.za
Skype: kevindran
Website: www.saao.ac.za / www.salt.ac.za
Postal: P.O. Box 9, Observatory, Cape Town, 7935, South Africa
Street: SAAO, Observatory Road, Observatory, Cape Town, South Africa