[AstroNet] Basic astronomy tools online

Dr. Carolina Ödman odman at strw.leidenuniv.nl
Wed Aug 27 15:22:34 SAST 2008

Dear all,

Ever wanted to answer a kid asking how much they would weigh on
another planet? Or what the phase of the moon is right now?

Following demand from Universe Awareness communities we have started a
website of simple astronomy tools:

http://www.unawe.org/unawe_tools/

These are small useful reference items such as scaling the solar
system to any reference (distance or diameter), calculating a
telescope magnification, observing the libration of the moon, etc.
intended for all kinds of astronomy outreach. The idea is to
complement reference sheets like the Astroguide with something
dynamic.

Feel free to use these and send me any feedback, bugs, feature
requests, etc. You can send me an email directly or use the online
feedback form.

I hope this is useful!

Cheers,

Carolina

Dr. Carolina Ödman................... carolina.odman at unawe.org
Universe Awareness.................. http://www.UNAWE.org/
 IYA2009 NL Werkgroep............ http://www.jaarvandesterrenkunde.nl/
Tel +31 71 527 58 16................. Fax +31 71 527 57 43
Mob +31 627 500 293................ Skype carolune_