[AstroNet] Eclipse and Launch of IYA2009

Kevin Govender kg at saao.ac.za
Tue Dec 9 13:23:38 SAST 2008

Hi all
This is a reminder to everyone to get ready for the partial solar
eclipse on Monday 26th January 2009 (~7:00 to ~09:30)
Please take a few minutes to let us know what activities you have
planned for the eclipse so that we can put that information on the IYA
website.
Remember that this eclipse is being used as a launch of the
International Year of Astronomy in South Africa so we would like there
to be as many viewing sites as possible.
Please check out the website for viewing information and ordering
eclipse viewers.

It is extremely easy to participate in the event - simply obtain eclipse
viewers (can be ordered from www.planetarium.co.za) and have a few
people available at your venue to talk to people about how eclipses
work. All the information you will need is on www.planetarium.co.za.

There will be a lot of media coverage so I encourage your institution to
simply send us an email (to info at astronomy2009.org.za) with the plans
you have and we will publicise it for you on the website and possibly
refer media personnel to you.

Regards
Kevin
0824878466