[AstroNet] IYA2009 Brainstorming

Kevin Govender kg at saao.ac.za
Thu Feb 7 12:12:33 SAST 2008

Hi all
This is just to inform you that in preparation for the International
Year of Astronomy 2009 we be having a discussion/brainstorming in *Cape
Town on Tuesday 12th February at 12:00 in the SAAO Auditorium.*
Although this particular meeting is meant for SAAO staff, anyone who
would like to attend is welcome.

I will start with a presentation giving an overview of the international
scene as well as the local scene and then open the floor for discussing
ideas and activities that would make the International Year of Astronomy
as successful as possible.

To find out more information before Tuesday please visit
www.astronomy2009.org.za.

Please feel free to spread this message to your collaborators in other
institutions who would be able to join us at the SAAO on Tuesday.

I would encourage similar "brainstorming" meetings to be held at other
institutions around the country and I will be happy to make IYA2009
presentations to your organisation (schedule dependent of course).

Regards
Kevin

PS. Happy New Moon today ;) watch the moon grow towards the total lunar
eclipse on the night of the 20th Feb (eclipse occurs early morning on
the 21st)

--
*** If you are at all interested in Astronomy Education and Outreach, please join the AstroNet email list - details on SA International Year of Astronomy website: www.astronomy2009.org.za ***

Kevin Govender
Manager: SALT Collateral Benefits Programme
South African Astronomical Observatory
Office: +27 21 460 9350
Mobile: +27 82 487 8466
Fax: +27 21 447 3639
Email: kg at saao.ac.za
Skype: kevindran
Website: www.saao.ac.za / www.salt.ac.za
Postal: P.O. Box 9, Observatory, Cape Town, 7935, South Africa
Street: SAAO, Observatory Road, Observatory, Cape Town, South Africa