[AstroNet] task team/working group for IYA in Africa

Kevin Govender kg at saao.ac.za
Fri Sep 5 03:12:49 SAST 2008

Hi all
I would like to call on volunteers who are willing to give time to a
task team/working group for IYA in Africa.

There has always been a core of energetic individuals from all over
Africa (and beyond) contributing to such things as the plan for
Astronomy Outreach in Africa and the discussions surrounding IYA in
different African countries. For that the continent remains grateful to
them. However, the growing amount of work and opportunities that they
have generated brings about a need to establish a bigger team of
collaborators that could consult regularly outside of this email list
and run with things as and when necessary.

Africa needs these energetic individuals as well as other keen parties
on this team. The team would lead the actual work before communicating
with the whole community for input and information dissemination. They
would work closely with each other via email, skype, telephone
conferences or physical meetings to make sure that Africa moves forward
and benefits maximally from IYA2009.

Please contact me if you would like to join this team and we can start
talking about specific tasks that the continent needs done.
Regards
Kevin