[AstroNet] IYA - Radio Interview

Anacletta Koloko anacletta at hartrao.ac.za
Wed Jan 28 15:05:01 SAST 2009

Hi

For HartRAO The International Year of Astronomy started well with the
public talk at JHB Observatory and a launch at Norkem Park Primary School
on Monday during the partial solar eclipse. This has created a lot of
interest and curiosity in the public and I have been invited on two radio
stations for an interview that will be broardcast this evening. If you can
understand Zulu and Sotho tune into Thobela Fm (90.1) at 8-30pm and
Ikhwekhwezi Fm (106.3)at 9-30 pm  .

The interview on Ikhwekhwezi Fm is pre-recorded while the one on Thobela
Fm will be live so you can even call in for questions. The topics I will
cover are IYA, what is astronomy and the latest developments in South
Africa including some career paths.

Ke a leboha/Thank you

Anacletta Koloko
Hartebeesthoek Radio Astronomy Observatory
Science Awareness Programme
Phone (012)326-0742
Fax   (012) 326-0756
Cell 0834318856

"The Universe Yours to Discover" IYA 2009