[AstroNet] [Staff] Lion's Head Feedback

Daniel Minnaar daniel.minnaar at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 14:51:28 SAST 2009

That's really awesome. I remember after I got my first 10" dob, looking at
Tuc 47 - I felt my eyes were watery and I couldn't sleep the entire night
thinking about what I saw.

I constantly find that whenever I speak to friends about astronomy related
concepts and stories, they tend to not pay too much attention - until they
take a peek through my scope. They all admit that the cosmos is generally
thought of as a 'myth' because most people don't get to experience anything
of it. We live our entire lives with the Sun coming up and down each day,
with the stars shining at night and gone in the morning.

"Why is Jupiter moving so quickly?"
"It's not moving."
"Huh? It is, I can see it."
"No, thats the Earth rotating."
"Do you mean - OH WOW, I _never_ thought of it like that! And WOW, now that
I take notice, the stars are moving too! I can't believe there is so much
more to this. I feel like I've lived my life with blindfold on!"

Amazing - I love a constructive reaction!

--
If you have any additional queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards,

Daniel Minnaar
daniel.minnaar at gmail.com