[AstroNet] NASA Ares X-I test flight

ln at saao.ac.za ln at saao.ac.za
Tue Oct 27 10:47:13 SAST 2009

Dear All,

"NASA's first flight test for the agency's next-generation spacecraft
and launch vehicle system, called Ares I-X, will bring NASA one step
closer to its exploration goals. The flight test will provide NASA
with an early opportunity to test and prove flight characteristics,
hardware, facilities and ground operations associated with the Ares I.

Launch Vehicle: Ares I-X
Launch Date: Oct. 27
Launch Time: 8 a.m. EDT
Launch Pad: 39B
Launch Site: NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida " - NASA website

You can view the test flight on NASA TV (www.nasa.gov) at around noon GMT.

Regards,
Lolan Naicker