[AstroNet] Solar eclipse 2011 - Live webcast

Christian Hettlage hettlage at saao.ac.za
Wed Dec 22 09:07:20 SAST 2010

Dear  All,

Thanks to Ido Bareket for sending the following message about the partial solar eclipse next January to Astronet.

Cheers,

Christian

Live partial solar eclipse webcast - Bareket observatory
2011 January 4th

With the beginning of the new year, there will be a solar eclipse observable from Israel.
Its a partial eclipse, with a ~60% of coverage (of the solar disk diameter).
We will make a special live webcast of the event.

The web-cast starts at :   07.00 - 10.30 UTC  January 4th |   09.00 - 12.30 local Israel time.
There is an "eclipse timer" on the live page, indicates the time left for first contact (07.13 UTC).
The live event is free and open to all the interested.

* Live eclipse page :
http://www.bareket-astro.com/live-astronomical-web-cast/live-solar-eclipse-webcast-jan-04-2011.html

We will soon also add special experiments chapter, that will give the viewers the opportunity of conducting amazing science projects, using the live solar eclipse feed.
I hope that you will be able to join us during the live event.

We're pleased to announce the official operation of the Astro-Edu network. State of the art astronomical-educational database for teachers students and the general public.
One of the goals is to bond the middle east population, while using astronomy as the catalyze.

Astro-Edu net can be translated to more than 60 different languages using the integrated translating module.
(move your mouse cursor over the upper-left flag in order to translate the materials)

* Project's home page :
http://www.bareket-astro.com/astronet

Best regards,
Ido.