[AstroNet] EXCITING NEWS: Educators enthusiastic about astronomy

Claire Flanagan Claire.Flanagan at wits.ac.za
Mon Aug 15 18:03:15 SAST 2011

Forwarded for Grace Djan

From: GRACE DJAN <gdjan at hotmail.com>
To: astronet saasta <astronet-request at mail.saasta.ac.za>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 17:26:08 +0200
Subject: EXCITING NEWS: Educators enthusiastic about astronomy

DEAR ALL.

EXCITING NEWS: EDUCATORS ARE ENTHUSIASTIC ABOUT ASTRONOMY

STERS CLUB presented at the National SAASTE [South African Association
of Science and Technology Educators] conference this year and below is
an email received by one of the educators. We gave out 2 Galileo
Telescopes but they have to compete for it. So if any of you have
Galileo telescopes left over from IYA 2009 kindly send them. Our
educators will be glad to make good use of them.

8 August 2011 12:39

To: SCIENCE TECHNOLOGY ROCKET CLUB <stersclub at gmail.com>

Hi Grace

 You have no idea how my knowledge of stars has changed since I won the
telescope.

I've even built my own tripod stand for mounting it. On my plans for
this 3rd term is to take my learners and  those of sister primary
schools to the planetarium in Joburg.

I'll keep you posted.

Yours in astronomy

Charles Bhutini Shiba

Kind regards
GRACE DJAN ( STERS CLUB)

Claire Flanagan

Wits Planetarium

011-717-1391 / 9

076-744-4735

011-339-2926 (fax)

www.planetarium.co.za

How is our service ?

The Planetarium is owned and operated by the University of the
Witwatersrand.  If you wish to comment on our service or offer
suggestions on service issues, please email service.admin at wits.ac.za
<mailto:service.admin at wits.ac.za>  . Confidentiality will be respected;
anonymous comments will not be entertained.