[AstroNet] Galaxy Zoo - call for proposals

Maciej Soltynski Maciej at telkomsa.net
Fri Jul 8 18:10:39 SAST 2011

Dear Zooniverse volunteer,

We normally write to you when we have news of a new project, but this
email is a little different. We thought that you'd want to know that
we've opened the doors of the Zooniverse to researchers from all over
the world, via an open call for proposals, generously supported by the
Alfred P. Sloan foundation. The call and the form you need to fill in
to suggest a project is at
http://www.citizensciencealliance.org/proposals.html

The idea is that researchers from any subject can call for help, we'll
select the best and then produce projects that will help you all make
a real difference to our understanding of the Universe. If you're a
researcher, please consider applying or encourage others at your
institution to do so. The rest of us can look forward to plenty more
distractions like Galaxy Zoo, Old Weather and all the other Zooniverse
projects.

Cheers

Chris & the Zooniverse team.