[AstroNet] event for the lunar eclipse?

Christian Hettlage hettlage at saao.ac.za
Mon Jun 13 23:08:26 SAST 2011

Dear All,

Please see Carolina's message below.

Thanks,

Christian

Dear all,

On Wednesday morning I'll have the opportunity to discuss the lunar eclipse on television and I thought it would be a good idea to advertise eclipse observation events around the country.

In Cape Town, there is the famous Lion's Head climb with telescopes - Special Lunar Eclipse 2011 edition. I also have information about the live webcast from Bareket Observatory - thank you Claire and events in the area of Cape Town and Paarl - thank you Kechil.

If you are organising any special events, stargazing sessions or star parties, please let me know and I'll try to make sure as many events are advertised as possible.

Thank you and may we have clear skies on Wednesday!

Carolina

PS: If you've sent information to AstroNet already, sorry if I haven't seen it. Please forward it to my email carolina at saao.ac.za again. Thanks!