[AstroNet] Lunar maniac in Potchefstroom

Nchimunya Mwiinga nchimy at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 22:25:29 SAST 2011

About 20:15 UT as I was about to cross the road from the
so-called "Friendly Suppermarket" to one of the main gates fo the North-West
University in Potcheftroom, South Africa,  a driver of a motor vehicle
(looked like VW Golf) was clearly observing the lunar eclipse while
turning--- I looked on helplessly as the guy rummed his car into a wall
fence attracting attention from the neighborhood. For a moment I thought he
could be injured and needs help, but he soon reversed and took off ---
obviously avoiding to pay damage. It was the only car at the time at that
junction which made it easier for me to wach his moves.

--
Nchimunya Mwiinga
Department of Physics, School of Natural Sciences,

====
"To isolate mathematics from the practical demands of the sciences is to
invite the sterility of a cow shut away from the bulls"
-- Pafnuty Lvovich Chebyshev (16 May 1821 -- 8 December 1894).