[AstroNet] KAT-7 PARTY IN THE KAROO

Marina Joubert marina at southernscience.co.za
Sat May 26 07:55:07 SAST 2012

Exciting times for astronomy in Africa following yesterday's site decision -
widely reported as a huge victory for Africa in the media.
Please buy and keep newspapers this weekend . I'm hoping to collect "real"
cuttings from as many different newspapers as possible so that we can
preserve it in a album to remember this special time.

For the official statement from the SKA organisation - www.skatelescope.org
For the response from Naledi Pandor, SA's Science and Technology Minister -
www.ska.ac.za

You can also watch how the seven dishes already built in the Karoo is
partying the night away . click on the 3-minute video that is just below the
ministers' statement on www.ska.ac.za --- with sound!
Or see it here on YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8JixOfSneY

I attach a photo from very crowded media briefing in Pretoria yesterday ..

Marina Joubert
SOUTHERN SCIENCE
 <mailto:marina at southernscience.co.za> marina at southernscience.co.za
SKA SOUTH AFRICA -  <http://www.ska.ac.za> www.ska.ac.za