[AstroNet] Venus transit 2012 - Live webcast

Christian Hettlage hettlage at saao.ac.za
Mon May 28 20:19:39 SAST 2012

Dear All,

Please see Ido Bareket's message below.

Kind regards,

Christian

Free Live Venus transit Webcast from Bareket Observatory
2012 June 6th

A free, live webcast from Bareket Observatory in Israel will feature the Venus transit on June 6, 2012.
This relatively rare 'mini solar eclipse' -- meaning Venus will pass through the Earth's-Sun plane -- promises to be a truely unique astronomical event. A similar transit will not occur until 2117. This should be one of the most spectacular Venus transits in the last years!

This special webcast will took place from 02.33 - 04.56 UTC (GMT) June 15 - (05.33 - 07.56 Israel local time).
* For more information : visit the Live Venus transit page (you'll be automatically transfered to the live images, during the event):
http://www.bareket-astro.com/live-astronomical-web-cast/live-free-venus-transit-webcast-6-june-2012.html

Try your luck in real hands on Venus-transit experiments!
We invite you to discover the Sun and Venus during the transit using hands on Venus Transit activities.
Conduct your own science projects using the live transit feed !

Participants are invited to share the results of their projects on the website of partner Astronomers Without Borders or via their Facebook account at the live event web page.
For more information visit:
Astronomers without borders (AWB) website

Best regards,
Ido.
Bareket observatory, Israel

We're sending announcements few times a year, before special live astronomical webcats. We hope you find it of an interest.
You can unsubscribe at any time