[AstroNet] Astrophotography Challenge

Allen Versfeld allen.versfeld at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 08:32:42 SAST 2014

Hi all

ASSA's Astrophotography section has updated its Challenges page here:
http://assa.saao.ac.za/sections/astrophotography/astrophotography-challenges/

This time we're trying to capture Mars and Spica in the same frame when
Mars reaches opposition next month.  They will be less than seven degrees
apart, and their contrasting red and blue light should make for quite a
colourful image.

Remember that the point of the challenges is to get you out at night with
your camera.  Some challenges will be easy while others will test your
skills at the telescope and computer to the limit.  Whether you're a
seasoned pro or just starting out, I encourage you to get your camera out
and play along!  Also, if you would like to set the AP section a challenge,
you're welcome to drop me a mail.  Full credit (and blame) for challenges
will be given!

Regards
Allen Versfeld
http://www.urban-astronomer.com