[AstroNet] SCIENCE COMMUNICATION MASTERCLASS - COMING SOON TO PRETORIA

Marina Joubert marina at southernscience.co.za
Mon Sep 1 09:02:29 SAST 2014

Dear Astronet members

If you are interested in science communication (the theory and practice of
making science and research outcomes accessible, relevant and meaningful to
diverse audiences) you may want to attend a science communication
masterclass on 3 & 4 December 2014 at the University of Pretoria. I've
invited an expert in the field as the lead presenter. Her name is Jenni
Metcalfe, owner of a science communication consultancy called Econnect in
Brisbane, Australia.  Jenni has a lot of experience of science communication
practice, but she is also an active researcher in the field, currently
finalising her own PhD studies at Nottingham University in the UK.  We will
focus on the "why" and "how" of science communication, and bridging the gap
between theory and practice.

Go to www.southernscience.co.za/masterclass for more information and
complete the registration form (places limited).

Kind regards,

Marina Joubert
Southern Science, South Africa; www.southernscience.co.za
SKYPE: marina.joubert.za1