[AstroNet] National Competition: Naming WASP 62 b and WASP 62

Sivuyile Manxoyi sivuyile at saao.ac.za
Mon Aug 26 09:26:06 SAST 2019

Dear Friends and Colleagues

I hope this email finds you well. We are running a "naming the exoworlds competition". The IAU has assign South Africa, a planet currently called WASP 62 b and a star called WASP 62, we are appealing to individuals and groups ( such as schools, clubs , organizations etc) to suggest names for the planet and the star and also supply a motivation not exceeding 100 words.

The proposers of the top 6 names will either win a fully paid trip to Sutherland (for individuals) or a 6 inch Dobsonian Telescope and books (for group eg a school or a club)

For more information , here is the website for the competition:

http://nameexoworld.saao.ac.za/

There is no limit to a number of proposals a person or a group can send. The closing date is 30 September 2019.

Could you please share with your contacts and networks.

Many thanks

Clear skies to all

Sivuyile