[AstroNet] Help - we are amateurs and want to buy a telescope ...

gerda hopson hocho at telkomsa.net
Sat Jul 12 13:27:40 SAST 2008

Good day

I hope that you would be able to advise us ...

We are looking at buying a telescope, for the first time, but want one that can do the following:

a.  Have build in or attachable GPS
b.  can be connected to our laptop
c.  Can be linked up to our Cannon 400D digital camera

We are interested in a Celestron Nexstar 4, but can't seem to find one locally - USA is having a special on this telescope, but would not sell to us, we have to work through their local agent, who hasn't even reply to our enquiry after 3 weeks.

Is there an association or club in the Port Elizabeth region?

Regards

Gerda Hopson