[AstroNet] Earth Balls

Kevin Govender kg at saao.ac.za
Thu Mar 27 12:18:07 SAST 2008

The Earth Balls have arrived!
We have 35 Earth Balls (check out www.planetearthgifts.com) that have
today arrived and are ready for sale to science outreach centres.
The cost for you will be R150 (which is almost exactly the cost price)
and please pay for your own postage if you would like it sent to you.
This "bulk buy" by the SAAO was spurred by numerous requests by people
doing science outreach for this valuable resource that is not (as far as
we know) available in SA.
This is a 40 cm diameter  inflatable ball made up of satellite picture
of the earth and with glow-in-the dark paint on all the major cities.
I hope you will purchase one for your science centre/outreach
organisation and make great use of it in the spirit of science education.
This is NOT being sold to the public - only for science outreach (so
please don't be tempted to buy one for your kid)
If there is a demand then maybe we'll look at it later but not right now.

To order one please contact Isobel Bassett at the SAAO on 021 460 9319
or isb at saao.ac.za

Hope you will also use it lots in the buildup and implementation of
IYA2009 (A1 posters for IYA also available at R15 each  from Isobel)

Regards
Kevin

--
*** If you are at all interested in Astronomy Education and Outreach, please join the AstroNet email list - details on SA International Year of Astronomy website: www.astronomy2009.org.za ***

Kevin Govender
Manager: SALT Collateral Benefits Programme
South African Astronomical Observatory
Office: +27 21 460 9350
Mobile: +27 82 487 8466
Fax: +27 21 447 3639
Email: kg at saao.ac.za
Skype: kevindran
Website: www.saao.ac.za / www.salt.ac.za
Postal: P.O. Box 9, Observatory, Cape Town, 7935, South Africa
Street: SAAO, Observatory Road, Observatory, Cape Town, South Africa