[AstroNet] Heads Up: Astronomy Outreach Workshop

Kevin Govender kg at saao.ac.za
Thu Mar 27 14:46:58 SAST 2008

Greetings to all
This is just a heads-up to say that we (people in astronomy education
and outreach) are planning to host an Astronomy Education and Outreach
Workshop in June.
There will be two sessions - one in Johannesburg and one in Cape Town.
The dates for these workshops are:
Cape Town: 19th - 20th June
Johannesburg: 26th - 27th June

The idea is for everyone to discuss best practices and resources related
to astronomy education and outreach. The resources that we have been
collecting (please continue sending them in) will be demonstrated and
best practices discussed regarding astronomy outreach.
This is open to everyone who would like to get some basic training on
doing astronomy outreach.
If you are able to contribute to the presentations or would like to have
a slot in the programme, please contact me.

The main outcome of this workshop will be to equip more people to be
able to do astronomy outreach and to enable those already doing it to
share and collaborate. In this way we can all be better prepared for
IYA2009.

More details will follow in time.
Save the dates.
Regards
Kevin

--
*** If you are at all interested in Astronomy Education and Outreach, please join the AstroNet email list - details on SA International Year of Astronomy website: www.astronomy2009.org.za ***

Kevin Govender
Manager: SALT Collateral Benefits Programme
South African Astronomical Observatory
Office: +27 21 460 9350
Mobile: +27 82 487 8466
Fax: +27 21 447 3639
Email: kg at saao.ac.za
Skype: kevindran
Website: www.saao.ac.za / www.salt.ac.za
Postal: P.O. Box 9, Observatory, Cape Town, 7935, South Africa
Street: SAAO, Observatory Road, Observatory, Cape Town, South Africa