[AstroNet] Message from SciBono Jhb

Claire Flanagan Claire.Flanagan at wits.ac.za
Wed Oct 8 13:39:31 SAST 2008

From: Garth Barnes [mailto:gbarnes at wessanorth.co.za]
Sent: 08 October 2008 10:28 AM
To: Robert Caveney; Deshni.Pillay at gauteng.gov.za; dplesr at unisa.ac.za;
PRETORW at unisa.ac.za; rob at eco-access.org; shireen.naidoo at kpmg.co.za;
smunzhedzi at jhbcityparks.com; soulf at telkomsa.net; 'Sue Bellinger'; 'Wendy
Carstens'
Subject: FW: Our Wonder-Filled Universe Talk at Sci-Bono, Friday 10
October

Dear all,

Please find attached an invitation to a fantastic talk this Friday night
at the Sci-Bono Discovery Centre.  Please pass on to friends and family
that you think might be interested in hearing a talk about the universe
from a critically thinking Environmental Engineer.  I have found
Claire's talks to fill me with hope at the possibilities that still
abound in the crazy times in which we live in.

Sci-Bono warmly invites you to join our celebration of International
Earth Sciences Week with a captivating presentation by Claire Janisch
designed to stir awe in the wonders of our universe.

What:                   Our Wonder-filled Universe, an inspirational

                             journey with Claire Janisch, Co-Director &
Co-Creator of the

                             Genius Lab.

When:                         October 10th 2008
Where:                        SCI-BONO DISCOVERY CENTRE, NEWTOWN,
JOHANNESBURG

Time:                           5:30pm for 6pm until 7:30

Cost:                    Free

Age:                    15yrs and up
RSVP to:                Thandi O'Hagan, 011 639 8428 at
thandi at sci-bono.co.za <mailto:thandi at sci-bono.co.za>  or

                                    Siphokazi Ndzamela   011 639 8400
at bookings at sci-bono.co.za <mailto:bookings at sci-bono.co.za>

Claire presents a fascinating, mind-expanding synthesis of extraordinary
science, the connection with ancient wisdom and the implications for our
world.  It brings together music, art, maths, science & nature in a
synthesis that inspires wonder and reminds us of the magic of the
universe.

The presentation makes connections between a variety of concepts in a
way that reveals an emerging pattern in the whole system. Many have
known about some or all of these concepts for a long-time, and this
presentation ties them together simply and wonderfully. The implications
are astounding for every area of life inspiring renewed interest in many
different fields, and most of all the concept of hope emerging for our
view of the future.

"I found Claire's session fascinating, mind-expanding and so relevant.
My wish is that this is extended to as many people who are open to
radical new thinking as possible.  It can only excite and motivate
people to start doing some radical new thinking on their own or in small
groups. I for one would attend again and I have at least a dozen people
I would invite to go with me." - Anthony Duigan, Managing Director, JCP
(SA) Pty Ltd, Chairman: National Association of Conservancies of South
Africa

Tea and Coffee will be served along with a cash bar.

 Please don't forget to RSVP.

To find out more about Earth Sciences Week or Sci-Bono visit
www.earthsciweek.org <http://www.earthsciweek.org>  and
www.sci-bono.co.za <http://www.sci-bono.co.za>

Thandi O'Hagan

Education Officer

SCI-BONO DISCOVERY CENTRE

thandi at sci-bono.co.za

direct line: 011 639 8428

fax: 011 832 3360

switchboard: 011 639 8400

Cnr Miriam Makeba/ President St, Newtown, Johannesburg

www.sci-bono.co.za <http://www.sci-bono.co.za/>