[AstroNet] Astronomy month = "Astronomy Corner"

Sam Rametse sam at hartrao.ac.za
Thu Sep 11 09:27:45 SAST 2008

Hi All

HartRAO and Saasta are involved in a project called "Astronomy corner in
my township". We are establishing these Astronomy corners in community
libraries around Kagiso, Mohlakeng and Soweto townships. We would like
these corners to be filled with exiting astronomy resources such as books,
posters, CDs, games, DVDs, brochures, etc. Community libraries are well
positioned and frequently used by the people living around the area but
they have very little to offer in terms of the oldest  and most accessible
sciences, We are the only people who can change this.

Over the years most of you involved in astronomy have come across or even
produced very good astronomy resources. I would like to request that you
donate or recommend resources that could form part of these astronomy
corners.

Lets take Astronomy to the people.

Sam Rametse
Hartebeesthoek Radio Astronomy observatory (NRF)
Science Awareness programme
tel: 012 326 0742
Fax: 012 326 0756
P.O Box 443 Krugersdorp 1740
http://www.hartrao.ac.za
Declared
"2009 The International Year of ASTRONOMY "
-International Astronomical Union