[AstroNet] Help - we are amateurs and want to buy a telescope ...

Johan Smit JohanS at firsttech.co.za
Wed Feb 18 10:51:28 SAST 2009

A 4 inch telescope by any name and fancy mounting system is still only a
4 inch telescope.

I think R20K-plus for a 4 inch telescope is way too expensive.

Think before you buy and do some research on other technologies and
mounting systems.

You may find that you will be able to buy much more scope for much less
money by going without a few bells and whistles.

Please note-I am not involved in the retail of telescopes or any related
equipment.

This is my own unbiased opinion and not motivated by trying to sell you
another product.

Regards

Johan Smit.