[AstroNet] IYA2009: take a step back

Kevin Govender kg at saao.ac.za
Mon Jul 27 23:35:28 SAST 2009

Greetings all
This International Year of Astronomy has been running really fast and
lots has been going on. Already many are calling it a great success. But
what do YOU think?

I'd like to ask you all to take a step back now and look at the whole
IYA2009 thing. The people on this email list would probably have
valuable opinions about it and I'd like to hear them.

So where are we with IYA2009? What more needs doing? What has been going
on? Are we on track? Should we do more? Less? Basically I'm asking for
your input as to how you want to see the rest of IYA2009 going. Before
this year is over, what more should we aim at? What have we forgotten?
Where have we failed? Where have we succeeded? What direction should we
be driving IYA2009 for the next 5 months?

Only 5 months of IYA2009 left to go! How would you like to see it spent?
Where should our focus be?
Now's the time to talk if there's things that need to be said. Else the
year will be over before we know it and you may not yet have had your say.

Speak out! Be brutally honest! Be critical! We welcome your input
because only then could we, together, make the most of what is left of
IYA2009!

Regards
Kevin
0824878466