[AstroNet] AstroNet into the future...

Kevin Govender kg at saao.ac.za
Fri Mar 13 14:42:37 SAST 2009

Greetings all
I speak now as one of the initiators of the AstroNet list and one of the
decision makers for the future of this resource.

This AstroNet email list has been one of the most significant resources
we've used in taking astronomy out there and I would not want to see it
disappear or lose effectiveness.

The suggestion I have received from a number of subscribers is that we
split the list in two:
1. a discussion list
2. a news/events list
Though this is still under discussion it certainly seems like the most
feasible option due to the varying interests of the subscribers.

In order to implement this we propose having a separate email list for
discussions (a summary of important discussions may then be posted as a
single news item on the existing AstroNet list).

I call now for your input surrounding this proposal - INPUT SHOULD COME
DIRECTLY AND ONLY TO ME (kg at saao.ac.za)

Thanks to everyone for your patience regarding this - let's make this work!
Regards
Kevin
0824878466