[AstroNet] announcement of the conference "Astronomy and Civilization" and request circulating the information

Christian Hettlage hettlage at saao.ac.za
Fri May 15 21:55:07 SAST 2009

Dear All,

Please find below the announcement of a conference about "Astronomy
and Civilization" to be held in Budapest later this year.

Kind regards,

Christian

Dear Astronet-owner,

it is a pleasure for me to let you know about our
conference "Astronomy and Civilization", an exceptional
conference to be held in Budapest, August 10-13, 2009.

The conference, held to celebrate the International Year of Astronomy
2009, is intended as an exceptional, multidisciplinary event on the most
challenging questions of science, religion, and philosophy.

Regarding the financial crisis of this year, it would be highly useful
and timely
if you could help us to distribute the information about the conference
"Astronomy and Civilization", and putting a special emphasis on the
relations between astronomy and civilization.

We think that the only safe ground of our future is the wider
and deeper understanding of the Universe.
Actually, we have the impression that it needs a serious amount of
work enlightening the significance of astronomy for scientists,
philosophers, theologians, artists, sociologists, and the wide public.

It would be much appreciated if you could circulate the enclosed
message among
the membership of Astronet.

Event Details: