[AstroNet] Southern African Science Lens competition

Ina Roos roosi at saasta.ac.za
Wed May 27 11:28:59 SAST 2009

FIRST ROUND OF SOUTHERN AFRICAN SCIENCE LENS ANNOUNCED

The first round of Southern African Lens, a photographic competition
specifically aimed at illustrating and communicating the excitement and
impact of science and technology in Southern Africa has been launched. The
competition, organised by SAASTA, is open to residents of South Africa,
Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Lesotho, Swaziland and Mozambique.

A category called I See Science & Technology, is aimed at encouraging
learners in these countries to share their views on science.

This year, with South Africa hosting the World Cup Soccer in 2010, there
will be a special category for photographs that illustrate sport science.

Canon SA is supporting the competition with the donation of a Canon EOS1000D
camera with 18-55mm lens kit for the overall winner; and two cameras as
prizes in the I See Science & Technology category.

Science Centres in Southern Africa will receive incentives to train learners
and enter their photographs in the competition.

The deadline for the competition is 14 September 2009.

Read more about the competition, find inspiration, rules and online entry
forms at: www.saasta.ac.za/sciencelens
<blocked::http://www.saasta.ac.za/sciencelens>