[AstroNet] Astronomy Town Hall meeting

Christian Hettlage hettlage at saao.ac.za
Thu Jul 5 10:41:49 SAST 2012

Dear All,

Please find below Thebe's request for input regarding a discussion about astronomy outreach.

(@Claire: As pointed out by Thebe in a subsequent email, of course he is aware of the work of the Johannesburg Planetarium as well.)

Thanks,

Christian

Dear everyone,
There will be a meeting on 9 July 2012 in Pretoria by astronomy stakeholders on the future of astronomy in Souh Africa. I have been tasked with a job to coordinate a session on "outreach" . I therefore request people to suggest topics for discussions at this meeting. Anything that you feel need discussing regarding this topic would be appreciated.

May I also ask if there other majore outreach initiatives other than the ones at saao, hartrao and saasta so that i can present correct picture on sunday please.

Thanks,
Thebe Medupe