[AstroNet] Speak2aScientist: The “God-particle” discovered, a milestone in our lifetime!

Pablo Casado phmcasado at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 14:35:02 SAST 2012

**Over 30 years ago Prof Higgs predicted the existence of a particle that
gives matter its mass.  On Wednesday 4 July, scientists from the Large
Hardron Collider Project in Cern announced that they had discovered a
Higgs-like boson. But what does this mean? Join Prof Simon Connell, lead
particle physicist from the UJ-Atlas group to explore the evidence; discuss
the impact of the discovery and learn more about we can expect in the
future.

* *