[AstroNet] Best observing weather

Allen Versfeld allen.versfeld at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 16:42:18 SAST 2015

Hi all

I've just had an interesting query from somebody who is choosing a place
to move after he retires, and wants to be sure that he chooses a spot with
decent weather for stargazing.  Presumably professional astronomers ask
the same question when planning such projects as SALT, and I was wondering
if anybody on this list has access to any relevant reports that could be
useful for him?

The obvious answer (Sutherland) is a little remote for him, which is why a
general weather assessment seems more useful for him.

Kind Regards
--
Allen Versfeld
ASSA Section Director: Astrophotography