[AstroNet] Eclipse-watching - Thu 1 Sep, mid-morning

Claire Flanagan claireflan55 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 12:56:53 SAST 2016

The pan-African eclipse is approaching . . . next week Thursday.

assa.saao.ac.za <http://assa.saao.ac.za/Eclipse2016/>  has local eclipse
info, advice, and links to suggested social media for sharing pics on the
day; a link to live webcasts will be added next week;

www.eclipseafrica.org has general info on the eclipse, including:

- link to "the eclipse in my town" calculator
<http://www.eclipseafrica.org/Eclipse2016/Eclipse2016.php> ;

- advice for schools here <http://www.eclipseafrica.org/Info/Schools.shtml>
- please pass this on;

- map where you can register your "public eclipse-viewing site" here
<http://www.eclipseafrica.org/eWatch/eWatch.shtml> , with tips on running
this type of event here
<http://www.eclipseafrica.org/eWatch/eWatch.shtml#explain> ;

And I've just put a short (2.5min) video on YouTube explaining safe eclipse
viewing (especially pinhole-projection viewing, since most people won't have
eclipse viewers) - link here <https://youtu.be/pKDtgccdN5M> .

Anyone who wants to risk last-minute orders of eclipse viewers - go to
moonshadowmix.co.za <http://www.moonshadowmix.co.za/Shop/Shop.shtml> .

Regards

Claire Flanagan

Moonshadow Mix