[AstroNet] Proposal for Astronomy Outreach in Nigeria/My contribution

James Chibueze james.chibueze at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 16:12:15 SAST 2008

Dear All,
Greetings!

I just want to let everyone know what I am doing to promote IYA
program in Nigeria and the contribution I am willing to make to the
Astronomy outreach program.

Presently, I have an on-going project of bringing Astronomy to
Secondary schools(High schools) in Nigeria starting with schools in
Abia State of Nigeria.Materials available to me for the outreach
include CDs,posters,flyers,booklets etc.

In addition, I have written up a book which I have show to Dr. Kevin
Govender during the IHY school in Nigeria which I also use in my
outreach.

Willingly, I would want to contribute to the IYA2009 by giving to book
to any interested Astronomy education/outreach promoters.

Best wishes to all.

Thanks,
--
Chibueze, James O.
Department of Physics & Astronomy,
Email: james.chibueze at gmail.com
The mind is like a parachute, it works best when it is open…..