[AstroNet] argus and lion's head

Kevin Govender kg at saao.ac.za
Tue Mar 10 14:29:45 SAST 2009

Hi all

ARGUS:
Following several queries as to whether we were alive or not I'd like to
inform everyone that yes, indeed we did survive the argus, although just
barely. If you had not heard already the wind wreaked havoc on Sunday
(http://www.capeargus.co.za/index.php?fArticleId=4880002).
Anyway, the earthball made it to the finish line fully inflated in spite
of the wind - pictures will be up on the IYA site soon.

LION'S HEAD:
Once again I've been getting queries about the next "extreme astronomy"
outing to take telescopes up Lion's Head. This will happen again this
month on the night of the full moon which is tomorrow 11th March 2009.
Since the sunset is around 19:10 we would like to depart from the Lion's
Head parking at 17:45. Those needing transport from the SAAO offices,
please email me - we will leave the SAAO at 17:15 sharp.

Regards
Kevin