[AstroNet] ASTRONOMY STARS RESOURCE NOW ONLINE

Marina Joubert marina at southernscience.co.za
Thu Oct 22 22:36:53 SAST 2009

Dear Astronomy Community and other science communicators

An astronomy communication guide, based on the communication experience and
advice of more than 50 scientists and science writers, is now available as a
free online resource at www.saasta.ac.za/astronomystars.

Please feel free to share it, link to it or use it in any wat that may help
to inspire and equip others to communicate astronomy. I hope that it will be
useful, especially to astronomy students (Most of the communication tips
would be equally valid to many other fields of science!).

I am grateful to the contributors who were willing to share their
experiences, to Case Risjdijk who assisted me throughout the project, to
Vene Muskett for the web design and to SAASTA for financial support that
made it all possible.

Marina Joubert
Southern Science, South Africa
 <mailto:marina at southernscience.co.za> marina at southernscience.co.za