[AstroNet] Jhb Planetarium - UFO, Dark Matter talk

Johannesburg Planetarium planet at planetarium.co.za
Fri Oct 23 13:01:18 SAST 2009

***Dark Matter in Galaxies*
29th October 6pm
Venue: Senate Room, 2nd Floor, Senate House, Wits University
About 90% of the mass of galaxies in our Universe is invisible.
Astronomers know the enigmatic dark matter is there - but no one yet
knows what it is.  Dr KC Freeman, Fellow of the Royal Society, will be
delivering this special public lecture at Wits during the celebration of
the International Year of Astronomy.
Admission is free, but early arrival is strongly recommended. Secure
parking will be available in the Senate House Basement parking, Jorissen
Street.

*Sunday 18th UFO Sightings*
We have put more detail, and links to photos, for this weird
rocket-launch sighting at www.planetarium.co.za
<http://www.planetarium.co.za>
The second pass of the Centaur rocket over SA (at 8:55pm SA time) was
reported by hundreds, and photographed.  If anyone witnessed the first
pass (at about 7:10pm), please let us know.

And a note for future UFO-spotters: what's really useful is to know the
time you saw it (to the minute, if possible), your location, and the
direction you were looking when you saw it.

Claire Flanagan
Jhb Planetarium
www.planetarium.co.za